Impedance-pH-monitor (Impedanceacidomonitor) Gastroscan-IAM is designed for the multichannel simultaneously measures the intraluminal impedance and acidity in a gastrointestinal tract for the study of both acid and nonacid gastroesophageal reflux. Russian specification of the Gastroscan-IAM is ИАМ-01, ТУ 9442-011-13306657-2011.
The impedance-pH monitoring diagnostic test determines the frequency of reflux episodes and the time relationship of reflux episodes and symptoms. The impedance-pH monitoring test determines if the patient's symptoms are related to acid reflux, related to nonacid reflux, or not related to reflux of any type. A positive GERD diagnosis is made if acid or nonacid reflux precedes symptoms in a statistically meaningful manner.
- measures the intraluminal impedance of the 7 canneles
- simultaneously measures the acidity in three locations of a gastrointestinal tract in the range from 1.1 to 9.2 pH in 24 hours; the time interval between measurements is 1 sec.
- detects both acid and nonacid bolus movement and acid and nonacid gastroesophageal reflux.
- provides registration of the patient and his actions with the keyboard located on the front panel
- current results of impedance and pH measurements can be displayed directly recording unit during the study
- handles the information stored on your computer
- displays information about the state of the upper gastrointestinal tract
- saves the results of a study in the database
- reveals the pathology of the gastrointestinal tract and individual choice of drug therapy
Z-pH-catheters for impedance-pH-metry
The Istok-Sistema has developed and manufactures special Z-pH-catheters for simultaneous measurements of impedance and acidity in the gastrointestinal tract. Such Z-pH-catheters may contain a different number of electrodes for impedance measurements and pH electrodes depending on the wishes of the customer.
Gastroscan-IAM allows you to define different types of reflux
|Combined impedance-pH recordings allows to identify the three types of reflux (Kaibysheva V., Trukhmanov A., Ivashkin V.):
- Liquid acid reflux: retrograde drop in impedance starting distally together with a pH fall below 4 a)
- Liquid weakly acidic reflux: retrograde drop in impedance starting distally together with a pH fall below 7 but above 4 (fig. b)
- Liquid alkaline reflux: retrograde drop in impedance starting distally with pH values above 7 (fig. c)
Read more about the Gastroscan-IAM and its application:
Read about an impedance-pH monitoring:
- Artemiev A.S., Ilin I.A., Kononenko L.V., Mikheev A.G., Mishulin L.E., Nikitina T.V., Rakitin B.V., Trifonov M.M., Shchukin S.I., Yakovlev G.A. The Gastroscan-IAM Impedance/pH Monitor // Biomedical Engineering, March 2014, Volume 47, Issue 6, pp 288-292.
- Kaibysheva V., Trukhmanov A., Ivashkin V. Impedance-pH reflux patterns in patients with non-erosive reflux disease / 22-nd United European Gastroenterology Week October 18 - 22, 2014. Vienna, Austria.
- Kaibysheva V., Trukhmanov A., Ponomarev A., Storonova O., Konkov M., Ivashkin V. Role of acid and non-acid reflux esophageal mucosal damage / 22-nd United European Gastroenterology Week October 18 - 22, 2014. Vienna, Austria.
- Tutuian R, Castell D. Clinical Applications of Esophageal Multichannel Intraluminal Impedance Testing // Gastroenterology & Hepatology, Volume 4, Issue 4 April 2006.
- Donald O Castell, Inder Mainie, and Radu Tutuian. Non-acid Gastroesophageal Reflux: Documenting its Relationship to Symptoms Using Multichannel Intraluminal Impedance (MII). Trans Am Clin Climatol Assoc. 2005; 116: 321-334.
- Radu Tutuian, MD and Donald О Castell MD. Clinical Application of Impedance-Manometry for Motility Testing and Impedance-pH for Reflux Monitoring. Business Briefing: US Gastroenterology Review, 2005.
- A. J. Bredenoord, B. L. A. M. Weusten, R. Timmer and A. I. P. M. Smout. Minimum sample frequency for multichannel intraluminal impedance measurement of the oesophagus. Neurogastroenteral Motil. 2004, 16, 713-719.
More information about the Gastroscan-IAM and Z-pH-catheters in Russian read here.